Sunday, May 19, 2013



A PASSING DESERT STORM
The stretch of the desert road to our home was different today. Bright sunshine bathes the road most days, but today dark clouds filled the sky, the rain nurturing the desert as the desert does me.
The clouds reminded me of the past; the years spent in Seattle. I never thought I would end up in the desert. There were small seeds during those years, a vacation in Death Valley, where I sat on the porch of Furnace Creek Inn hearing nothing but the quiet of the desert and my thoughts.
That small seed and adventure brought me here to live. In the city, careers, buildings, traffic, people all fill voids. The desert is not like that. The vastness, solitude and it’s unchanged nature bring you back to yourself and then the real journey begins.
Kathleen Young

No comments:

Post a Comment