Saturday, September 19, 2015

MCDONALDS NOTES

McDonalds Notes

My psychologist suggested I get more involved in life. I drove around the city the next day trying to grasp the concept, looking both right and left, not just down the road. Hungry, I stopped at a McDonalds, sitting at a table with my bacon and egg something. Life began to unfold. A group of elderly men sat in front of me, about 5 of them. They seemed settled with life, chatting about whatever old people do. There was one empty chair. Each time the door to the restaurant opened, they all turned and looked. A member of the flock was missing.

In the far corner of the restaurant, a woman with long legs, young, and in-shape sat. Three uncontrollable children swirled about her. Like an orchestra leader, she somehow kept them partially in place. I noticed a star tattoo on her leg and when she bent toward one of the children to wipe off his mouth, another tattoo on her back. I wondered if she had got all the things she wanted in life or if there was still wildness there.


A middle-aged man sat a few chairs up from her, his remaining hair swept back. He moved his hand over his forehead and back through his hair. He looked interesting except for the Wal-Mart shirt with the pictures of collectible cars on it. His burger sat in front of him half eaten. He was worried about something. Maybe like I, he wondered where he left the rest of life.

David Young

No comments:

Post a Comment